Being part of the community we serve is a role that Menasha Utilities takes seriously. As your local utility, we work hard to be an active participant by lending a hand in community service projects and offering various educational programs.
We have pledged a strong commitment to not only our customers, but to our community. Through a number of civic-minded activities, Menasha Utilities has fostered strong relationships that help further our connection to the community. Here are a few of the ways we make a difference where we live.
Dollars Injected Locally
- Continue to send Home Energy Report to residential customers annually.
The utility helps relieve the local tax burden by making payments in lieu of taxes (PILOT) to the City of Menasha,
totaling over $1.4 million dollars annually.
$3,840 to local students in scholarships, donations to local food pantries, Habitat for Humanity, Boys & Girls Club, and the Menasha Library.
Donated 150 energy and water efficiency kits, in addition to the $16,353 donated by our generous customers to the Project Share fund at LEAVEN.
Continue to offer the National Theater for Children to local elementary schools.
Paid residential customer $5,400 in 2022 for Energy Star LED's, Appliances, Central Air Conditioner Tune-up, Electric Vehicle home charger, and Tree Power rebates.
Approximately 200 people joined us at our annual celebration of Public Power Week in 2022, receiving energy efficient products and 45 lucky prize winners.
- Assisted City with LED street light project with $8,600 received in rebates in 2022. Donated $1,500 to local businesses towards energy efficiency project incentives.
- Through partnership with Focus on Energy, Menasha residential customers saved more than 407,000 kWh and received over $50,000 in incentives in 2022.
- $3,000 donated to the Menasha Joint School District for Electric Vehicle Chargers, through our power provider, WPPI Energy.
- Received $5,500 from WPPI Energy and Focus on Energy for energy efficiency upgrades at the Water Plant and MU Office Building which will reduce operating costs over many years.
Community Programs & Services
Continue to offer recycling for holiday lights.
Menasha Utilities employees sponsored a family through the Boys & Girls Club at Christmas by donating gifts.
Participated in Menasha's Halloween Trick-or-Treat and Arbor Day celebrations.
- Sent over 1,000 booklets to local landlords to share efficiency programs and utility information.
- Customers donated 1,896 lbs of food to the local pantry through utility promotions in 2022.
If your group or organization would like to learn even more about our daily operations, we offer tours of our Water Plant. We welcome all types of groups and can accommodate tours to accompany presentations and meetings. Our school and youth group presentations can also be tailored to suit your needs. Please contact us at 920-967-3451 for more information.