Fact: Electricity costs more in summer.
Because of increased air conditioning use, overall energy usage is at its highest in the summer months - and our cost to serve you is also highest in the summer. This means summer is a great time to make a few adjustments to help you save!
- Give your thermostat a nudge up this summer or install a smart thermostat to have better control of when you are cooling - Focus on Energy can help with a smart thermostat!
- Use ceiling fans instead of air conditioning
- Turn off the heated dry cycle on your dishwasher
- Replace your dehumidifier with a more efficient model - we have a rebate for that!
- Close blinds and shades, especially in sunny rooms
- Cook outdoors - oven use can heat up the kitchen fast and make your air conditioner work harder
- Open your windows and turn off your air conditioner at night when it cools down
Several small actions can add up to some real savings!